The project will develop in 2022, as we continue to work with Naples’ CRA Advisory Board and the entire Naples community. The Naples 41-10 Project was featured in several articles in the NAPLES DAILY NEWS, including “People’s Plan for Design District in Naples Starts to Emerge” and “Naples Sets Eyes on New Vision for the Design District.”
AWARD WINNING PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES: 2021 saw continued build out and success in two of the communities we designed in the Philippines:
- Seafront Residences in San Juan, Batangas, received two Philippines Property Awards for Best Housing Development by Property Guru. The 43-hectare beach community offers a variety of residential units with interconnected pedestrian walkways that make all amenities an easy 5-minute walk from home. DPZ designed the houses to face pedestrian-only parks that provide direct access and views to open spaces, while vehicular traffic is designated to the rear of the houses to maximize pedestrian experience.
- Foressa Mountain Town, a mixed-use residential development by AboitizLand, is located in the mountains of Cansomoroy, Balamban, Cebu. Half of the 257-hectare development is dedicated to open and shared spaces that look out over the breathtaking highland scenery. Developed in four phases, the next phase will be launched in 2022.
HOLIDAY SEASON / HOLIDAY LIGHTS: On Monday the 13th, a group from DPZ was treated to a nighttime walking tour of our Downtown Doral project’s spectacular new experience: Lux Doral. Carefully curated by our tour-guide, Ana Codina-Barlick, CEO of Codina Partners, the still-evolving art collection features brightly lit sculptural works specifically commissioned for Downtown Doral. The installations, many of which are interactive, animated, and/or emit music, offer an intriguing reason to walk and explore a community’s public realm after dark.
DPZ IN THE NEWS:
- TRAVEL & LEISURE Magazine placed Seaside at the top of its list of “8 Best Small Towns to Buy a Vacation Home in the U.S.” The article noted the post-pandemic real estate phenomenon where suburbs, secondary cities and vacation markets have witnessed a notable boom in sales.
- Andres and Lizz both presented at the Traditional Building Conference in Coral Gables this month; you can view Lizz’s presentation here and Andres’ presentation here.
- Andres spoke at this month’s National Association of Real Estate Editors annual conference about the future of development in the wake of COVID-19.
- As previously announced, Galina continued her participation in the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art’s series entitled “The Architecture of Place: In Conversation with…” This month she was interviewed by Ben Bolgar, Senior Director at the Prince’s Foundation, on a number of topics including the ever-more pressing urgency to repair sprawling communities following the post-pandemic flight to the suburbs. You can view the recording here.
- On the heels of our Award of Merit in the Comprehensive Plan category from the Florida Chapter of the APA earlier this year, our North Bay Village master plan was once again recognized this fall. This time the Gold Coast Section of the Florida APA selected our NBV100 master plan for an Award of Excellence in the category of Best Report, Plan or Study. The entire report on the plan is available here.